If you're in the ice lotion company, summer time may be your "hottest" season. But, many companies seem to slowly down over the summer--schools are out and many customers and workers are experiencing holidays and family time.
Smart entrepreneurs take advantage of this slowdown to set objectives and evaluation company techniques. It's also a fun a chance to sustain your pcs and evaluation your technology needs for the year forward.
Don't let summer time slowdown impact your pc too! Here are 7 guidelines to keep your Windows or Mac computer running at very hot rates of speed in the fast lane:
1. Eliminate rarely used applications, and if you're a Mac customer, uninstall needless language information too! Another tip for Mac users: If you're using an Intel-based device, take away the rarely used Power PC binaries, too. While it may seem apparent, we recommend that you verify that you really don't need these applications before eliminating, in particular, anything that looks like it might be program related.
2. Fresh out your temperature information, temporary Internet information and other trash information at least once a month. If you're a Windows customer, don't forget to clear that computer registry. Mac customers, clear your storage cache. You might want to spend money on some good third-party software to do these steps on your Windows and Mac devices.
3. Vacant the trash! This is applicable to both Windows and Mac customers as well.
4. Maintain at least 10-15% free hard drive area on both Windows and Mac systems. The os needs room to maneuver-be sure to provide your program the area it needs.
5. Fresh out your email. If you must hold on to it, consider moving items to a list directory or computer file.
6. Defrag your program. More recent Mac and Windows operating techniques (OS X and Windows 7) do not require this as much; however, if you're still using an older device, you will see a performance benefit from defragmenting your hard drive.
7. Shut down your device consistently, don't just put it to sleep. Not only is it "green," it will execute a complete program totally reset and provides your pc a rush of "energy."
Now that you've washed things up, keep it up! We suggest doing these schedule maintenance projects at least monthly-preferably every week.
Don't let the sluggish days of summer create you sluggish too! Carpe diem... take the day! Give IT Radix a call and we'll be happy to help you create the most of this year's slowdown